Monday, August 6, 2012

Loggins & Messina -Motherlode

Motherlode
This music is without doubt one of the best produced albums of all time. It really is an incredible masterpiece from Loggins and Messina. It is my first album of theirs that I bought and other music of theirs falls dismally flat compared to this beautiful set of songs. I was so excited to see it listed on cd and could not wait for it to arrive when I ordered it a while back now.
Revisiting it brings back all those wonderful 70's memories and I've fallen in love with the music all over again. In fact I've just re-ordered the remastered version about twenty minutes ago and wonder how it could possibly be improved in any way. I'm really thrilled to know it's on it's way to me.
I get chills at the opening notes of the joyous Growin' knowing that the music following will envelop me into a true feeling experience and carry me away on a most exciting musical journey. The musicianship is truely impeccable and is a hallmark of Californian/west coast music from that era. Country rock never sounded this good. I could not recommend this music highly enough. The only way to know is to buy your own copy, sit quietly with headphones and be prepared to be transported into an emotional experience like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment