Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jimmy Buffett- Volcano

Volcano
Jimmy creates an album filled with some of his best songwriting that will never see the light of a greatest hits or live album. But that's the way it should be. I want to keep these gems for myself. OK, I'm going to get personal, but Chanson Pour Les Petits Enfants( Song for the Children) is one of the most beautiful songs Jimmy (or anyone) has ever written. It will always hold a special place in my heart. Stranded on a Sandbar is reason enough to by this album. I'm sure everyone's felt that way before. Dreamsicle is one of those little gems you find on evert Buffett album and ask yorself "why isn't this a hit?" OK, there are 3 tunes that are concert favorites, Fins, Volcano, and Boat Drinks but they're fun and don't bug me like Cheeseburger and Drunk do. Besides, Boat drinks is an anthem to anyone living north of Florida during the winter. Final note to all of you who sing along with Volcano. Jimmy yells out "Mr. Utley!" as in Michael, the keyboardest. Not "Mr. Ugly!" As I've heard before.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment