Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Emmylou Harris-Old Yellow Moon

Old Yellow Moon
Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell are perfect duet partmers. Each song communicates a different aspect of human emotion. My two favorite songs are "Hanging Up My Heart" and "Open Season On My Heart". The first song is a rather pleasant country song about being heart broken. It features great steel guitar playing. "Open Season On My Heart" is also about feeling heart broken, but the tone is much slower and sad. I can feel the pain in Rodney Crowell's voice on this song. I love the song."Black Caffeine". It is a bluesy country song. I can relate to the lyrics because of my personal addiction to caffeine in all forms. "Bull Rider" is a song about taking life by the horns and hanging on for the ride. I love the fiddle playing on this track. "Spanish Dancer" is not a country song. This song was written by Patti Scialfa. She is known for writing rock and pop songs. The musical arrangements with the accordion and acoustic guitar make this song definitely country though. This song is about falling in love with a male Spanish dancer. Emmy Lou sings about being smitten by this man's charms so well on this song. "Bluebird Wine" is a song that spark my interest simply because I did not know that such a drink existed. This song makes me want to drink some. Maybe I can be happy like Rodney Crowell after drinking some bluebird wine. "Back When We Were Beautiful" and "Old Yellow Moon" are two songs that touch my heart. "Old Yellow Moon" is a superb duet album.

No comments:

Post a Comment