Sunday, July 15, 2012

New Riders of the Purple Sage-PowerGlide

Powerglide
If I were the Original Riders of the Purple Sage I would have been proud of the New Riders carrying on the tradition. These guys were damned good, but so underrated. Powerglide is one of their best (Panama Red is my sentimental favorite)and I was surprised that after feeling that it didn't get any better than Panama Red, Powerglide had me and my whole college crew agreeing it was just as solid a set of tunes with tight performances to boot.
My kids don't know what to make of these guys. They know I do not particularly like mainstream country music, but are not surprised that I like stuff by the NRPS. These are universal good time party tunes. NRPS playing always signals a good musical trip by a bunch of guys actually more talented than some of their better known peers in their heyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment