Thursday, July 26, 2012

Blackfoot-Tomcattin'

TomCattin'
BLACKFOOT is as ferocious as a nuclear bomb attack. There is not one radio friendly song on this album. Yet it remains one of my favorites along with Maurader, Strikes, Flyin' High, No Reservations and Highway Song Live. What were Medlocke and co. thinking. This is not the album you hit it big with. I think they just didn't care at the time. However, you also have to wonder what band members of other Southern Rock Bands like Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd and 38 Special special think when they hear an album like this. If they are honest with themselves, they must be blown away. I know that if I was in another band I wouldn't want to go onstage after these guys. I would be blankin' in my pants. These bands all promote themselves as tough bar brawlers and [tail] kickers but BLACKFOOT is the real thing. There is no comparision. I know Skynyrd is a great band and appeals to a much larger audience and achieved greater successs, but BLACKFOOT's music has seared my soul and ranks far and away above anything any other Southern Rock Band has ever done. BLACKFOOT didn't get rich but they are the real bad... of Southern Rock. They are Legends.

No comments:

Post a Comment