Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Car Over the Lake

Car Over The Lake
I remember being at parties or having my own and this album being played. Everytime that happened I saw people turn from what they were doing and just start listening with comments like "man this is some good music".

The first six songs are incredible and I just don't think OMD could come up with any better for the other side even those songs are very good also. Cobblestone Mountain is almost idyllic with the deep boom rythm. Gypsy Forest, Leatherwood, Mr. Powell, If I only knew and Keep on Churnin' which really suprises.

If I were sent up in a rocket ship for years of flight and had five albums to take with me, this would be my first choice. I would definitely also be considering their first album.

First rate musicians, vocalists and writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment