Friday, September 7, 2012

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band-Live Two Five

Live Two Five
If I were to list my Ten Favorite Live Albums of all time, "Live Two Five" would be on that list. Recorded in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada on March 13, 14 & 15, 1991. We find The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, at the top of their game, in-front of a happy crowd that are soakin' all this Music in. During their 25th year Anniversity, they are out on tour, business as usual. But what business this is: "Mr. Bojangles","Make A Little Magic", "Fishin' In The Dark","You Ain't Goin' Nowhere" , "High Horse", "Dance Little Jean", "Ripplin' Water" and "I've Been Lookin'. Sixteen Songs here, and everyone of them...Great. With only four players on stage, Jeff, Ibby, Rob and Jimmy, they pick up and play 12 different instruments and do they play, oh yeah! With a 'Short' version of: "Ripplin' Waters", that clocks in slightly under 11 Minutes, everyone solos here, Harp, Acoustic Guitar, Piano {Majestic Piano!}, Electric Guitar and Bass Guitar right into a big,BIG finish..This is incredible music.

This Band is 'Tagged' as a Country Group, but I like to call them a Band that plays: "American Music". I say that because I can hear: Rock, Pop, Jazz, Bluegrass, Blues, R & B, Classical, Ragtime AND Country music being played here and it's ALL Good.

I can't say enough about this CD, I have a lot of The Nitty Gritty on Disc, and this one called: "Live Two Five" is by far my favorite of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment