Thursday, March 22, 2012

Poco- Deliverin'

Deliverin'
This excellent concert CD is from the Jim Messina version of the band and it rocks mightily. Amazingly pristine sounding for a live album, it was done with no overdubs, so what you're hearing is five superb singers and players blending their not inconsiderable talents effortlessly. My favorites ; the boppin' "C'mon",featuring unsung MVP Rusty Young's snarling Hammond organ-like steel guitar(I can't describe the steel guitar sound here. You've got to hear it to believe it!). I love Richie Furay's achingly beautiful "Kind Woman" and Jim Messina's high-octane "You Better Think Twice" too. Timmy Schmidt and George Grantham are an underrated powerhouse of a rhythm section and excellent singers to boot. What's not to love? Well, I've used a lotta adjectives and superlatives to extol the charms of this CD, and this band, and yet I havn't come close to describing just how good they were. So, c'mon',why not get this CD and get out your thesauras and help me out. And help yourselves to a little fun while you're doin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment