Thursday, February 7, 2013

Outlaws-Its About Pride

Its about pride
If you like Southern Rock or love great vocal harmonies and blistering guitars than this album is a must. I bought it that night because this line up was phenomenal in concert. You have to see them in concert your jaw will drop! I have been an Outlaws fan since 75 so I wasn't expecting too much from the album, but was I surprised. I have not listened to an album this much probably in at least 15 years. It brought back memories of when I was a kid. Remember when you would buy a new album and then play it over & over again until the grooves wore out? That's how this album was for me. The opening track gets me pumped up. I listen to it on my way to play my sporting activities. It's kind of a history of the Outlaws. My son even figured out how to play it on his guitar, but not the solo's yet. Too fast! The lyrics on this album are very good too, especially the title track where the Outlaws pay tribute to Southern Rock. Every song on this album is very, very good. There's 3 different lead vocalists on this album. I always loved that about the Outlaws. Variety! I'll stop there, because I can easily go on & on about this album. One more thing... The Flame is a great song written in honor of the late great Hughie Thomasson. Green Grass & High Tides Forever!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment