Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sheryl Crow- Wildflower

Wildflower
Maybe another post that is not quite Country Rock, but give it a listen, you will like.

The first impression you get from "Wildflower" is that the songs lack consistency, they are shallow and transparent. This usually leads you (at least it did me!) to run through the CD a second, third and maybe fourth time. Before you know it, VOILA! You start getting the messages and the songs start sinking in. I think that this process of forcing you to savor the songs is what gives "Wildflower" a mysterious and unique quality. Not many artists can do that and that's awsome."Wildflower" overall is marvelous. I instantly loved the first track (I KNOW WHY) and I haven't gotten bored of it yet. The highlights of the CD are GOOD IS GOOD, LETTER TO GOD, I DON'T WANNA KNOW and WILDFLOWER. There is nothing wrong with the other songs like LIFETIMES, but the ones I mentioned are gorgeous in their own way. "Wildflower", it seems to me, to be a very vocally challenging record and Sheryl mastered all the songs beautifully. So beautifully in fact that it was nominated for 'Best Female Pop Vocal Album' for the Grammy awards. Pop? I'm not sure. Sheryl Crow has always been labeled by me as a "rocker". This CD definately has rock influences. But there are some musical additions that give this record an "organic" kind of feeling. Maybe it's just me...Keep on growing, Sheryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment