Thursday, April 25, 2013

Authorized Bootleg - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Authorized Bootleg-Live from Cardiff
I have the COMPLETE Cardiff Wales show on CDR and it is a mint condition recording. The recording that is being sold is missing three songs, the songs listed by another person who bothered to comment. The audio of this show is GOOD but Ronnie Van Zant had been SICK. The man was nearly hoarse just a day or two earlier. The Old Grey Whistle Test show which is complete and on DVD also suffers from Ronnie's cold. Days earlier Ronnie and the band had been in Paris, France. I have that recording also. Ronnie was quite sick. He had a massive head cold and he sounded more like Danny Joe Brown, the one time vocalist for Molly Hatchet. The fact that Ronnie had been SICK was the REASON that this show was NEVER released commercially. I understand that people want to hear the show, and it's good that the show got released, but why not simply release the entire show???? I think it was on Simple Man, one of the deleted tracks where Ronnie's voice litterally broke as he was trying to sing. I considered buying a copy of this for myself until I read where the show had been edited down to only 9 of the recorded twelve songs. People are getting screwed on this release. 

No comments:

Post a Comment